[some cool CDRs I made]
Oh how I miss the glorious days of the mix tape. 90 min of stuff that went well together or reminded you of a certain time or created a distinctive mood. Now mix tapes have pretty much been replaced by CDRs. I would still make mix tapes for my friends but now it seems no one ever listens to tapes anymore as they all have cd players in their cars. A lot of the CDRs I make are ones that I think the artists should be making themselves anyway. Usually involving putting all their b-sides together on one cd so you can put it in the 5 disc changer with some of their albums and shuffle away.
- Tori Amos B-sides & Rarities Vol I for Kim. My Tori obsessed friend Kim and I pooled our Tori resources and I think between both of our collections we were able to come up with a pretty definitive 3 part compilation.
- Tori Amos B-sides & Rarities Vol I. Since I already have 1 official cd chock full of Tori b-sides (the Australian 2 cd version of Under The Pink includes More Pink: The B-sides) I left all those songs off of the b-sides cd I made for myself, hence the differences here.
- The Cure Kiss Me3, B-Sides, Wish, Covers mix. This was made to be able to shuffle with Standing On A Beach the Singles collection as it has my fave trax from KissMe3, Wish and the best b-sides plus some covers thrown in for good measure.
- Pet Shop Boys '98 Mix. This CDR was based on a mix tape I had made in 1998 that just had a really good flow to it. I could just listen again and again without getting bored. The mix tape was somehow cooler because it had several more songs on it that would not fit on the cd version but I was still able to include the best trax.
- Industrial Dance Mix 3/9/02. This is really good. Good for waking up and getting motivated when I have to clean the house or do a big projekt. Also nice to listen to when getting ready to go out.
- Synth-Pop/Darkwave Mix 3/9/02. I like this one a lot as well for similar reasons as the one above. Good for waking up and getting motivated. This one is just more synth-pop oriented whereas the other one is darker.